Thursday 21 March 2013

Beginnings


Today is the start of my blog, this will include all things design and art related.  As a textile designer I like to look at what is going on in the arts and fashion industry.  I work with print, jacquard weave and embroidery and like to experiment with new techniques.

I work with old photographic techniques and have recently started exploring pinhole cameras, which I create with matchboxes.  This is a really exciting way of photographing as you never quite know what you are going to get, I enjoy this element of surprise.


My aims with this blog are to post images of my work and things I find inspiring, or are of interest to me.


My other interests include Slow Fashion and all elements of sustainable and ethical textile production.  I am interested to see how this is influencing designers and am keen to see how these influences are growing within the market.


I hope you enjoy reading, and I look forward to posting more soon.


:)



Embroidery




Embroidery 

pinhole camera image

No comments:

Post a Comment